Rene did mock interviews yesterday with three of our current job market candidates. Here is a list of a few of the questions he asked:
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- Tell me about your job market paper.
- What do you want to teach?
- What do you want to work on after you graduate?
- What is the most important paper [in your specific field]?
Some general advice:
- Often, the next question will be based on your previous answer. Try to carefully steer the conversation away from things you don’t want to talk about.
- Don’t sound canned, but have short 1-2 minute answers prepared for as many potential questions as you can.